PHP stands for Hypertext Preprocessor. It’s an open source, server side, HTML embedded in scripting language used in creative dynamic web pages. Today the industry for web development is the most flourishing industry and in this, PHP is the most demanding programming language.
These days most of the web projects are opting PHP because of its handy usage. It simply focuses on several web development services such as CMS, payment gateways, web calendars and shopping carts.
PHP is a language which was derived from C++. Therefore, most of its syntax is similar to the C++. It makes it easy to understand and write the codes for the developers. It helps you to compile these syntaxes on any of the operating system and makes it fully executable for any server without the need of any third-party inputs.
PHP gives support to different databases like MySQL, Oracle, Informix, Sybase, Solid, Generic ODBC, PostgreSQL, etc. The best feature of PHP is that its functionality can be customized or tailored as per the user’s requirement. In addition to the development of websites, PHP also has been used for developing enterprise solutions like e-shopping carts with CMS, CRM Solutions, and web calendars for communities, etc. PHP also integrates with a number of open source applications like Joomla, Drupal, WordPress etc.
Some key features of PHP:
- Using PHP for web development you can create fast data processing website with the easy functionality.
- The web hosting provider allows the features of PHP databases.
- It’s easy to develop CMS in PHP platform.
- PHP is the only language which is compatible with all the OS such as Linux, UNIX and Windows etc. It is compatible with Mac as well.
Customized PHP development is beneficial to enable number of services like business applications, business software, dynamic websites and social networks.
- Quick, free of cost, and secure.
- Easily used in HTML as well as in Ajax and Flash.
- It optimizes the memory which reduces server overloading and it improves the processing speed.
- PHP is more user-friendly and it has less coding and language comes with an inherent memory.
If you are planning to develop a website and you are confused in selecting programming language for your website, you can definitely look over this programming language; the development is cost-effective and definitely resolves much of the problems faced by your company in today’s competitive world.